Photo

Who's #1 this year? A serious question...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fatalfact

fatalfact

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

First let me start out by stating that if this discussion is already ongoing elsewhere I apologize for the duplication. That being said I would like to pose the question of who should be the number one pick this year. I have the "fun" of making that pick again this year (2nd year in a row) and I really am perplexed this year. Last year it was clear cut to take Peterson and so I did (Which he sucked for the most part). This year the thinking has been McCoy but the addition of Sproles and now Barner makes me how much of an overall workload Shady will get. Jamal Charles has lost 3 of his offensive linemen and that has me concerned as well. Peterson is at least still the focal point of the vikings offense and really looks to be the most stable at this point. 

If it matters my league is pretty typical scoring 1 point for 10 yards 6 for td no PPR etc...

#2 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Given that is it non-ppr, I think you have to give Peterson serious consideration.  By 1 point per 10 yards do you mean combined yards?

#3 fatalfact

fatalfact

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

1 point for 10 yards rushing or receiving.

#4 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of those.  Peterson is a stud, but he will be working with a rookie QB most likely.  McCoy should have plenty of scoring opportunities in Kelly's offense.  I still think I lean McCoy all things considered.  He has been pretty durable over the years. 

#5 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

I still have AP as my #1 RB for all of the reasons you mention above. My non-ppr RB ranks are:

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Jamaal Charles

3. Matt Forte

4. LeSean McCoy

I'm higher on Forte and lower on McCoy than most because I believe McCoy is going to both lose carries to Sproles and some third down work as well.  I don't like the reports of McCoy's "minor" turf toe injury as well.  

#6 Giantbear

Giantbear

proof reader

• HOGS
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

I am afraid of AP, I would not pick him #1.  He is 29 with a lot of mileage.  Granted, he seems to be a freak, but i think when he falls, he will fall hard and fast and without much warning.  I have him 3rd or 4th

#7 kiddlattimer

kiddlattimer

Starting Defense!

• HOGS / Admin
  • 424 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

I have McCoy #1 but the turf toe thing does bother me, as does Jamaal Charles' foot (seriously... they just gave the guy $18M... they can't hire him a couple movers???)

Wouldn't shock me one bit to see Forte end the year as the #1 back, but they all have question marks at this point.

If you're not comfortable with the 1 pick, can you trade it?  Maybe you can swap a 5th for a 3rd to drop back in the first round?  

• fatalfact likes this

#8 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• HOGS
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

I think Lacy is the #1 scoring RB in non-ppr fantasy leagues. If I had the pick I would take McCoy. 

#9 Dazed and Confused

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

I agree with Dreadlock.  By the end of the season Lacy will beat them all. He is on a high power offense with a QB that's out to prove something this year.  That means some large holes for him to run.  he may not get a ton of carries, but his YPC will be very high and TD's will easily be double digits (12-15).  Also, I was in 22 leagues last year and never once had the #1 pick.  I made the playoffs in half of them.

#10 Philly Joe

Philly Joe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

TE mandatory? If you're not comfortable taking any of the consensus top four guys, Jimmy Graham's your safest, clear-cut #1 at his position. Or maybe take the Seahawk's D at 1.01.  :P

"Knowing is half the battle."

#11 Bungle Fever

Bungle Fever

• HOGS
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

I agree with GB about Peterson.  I'm afraid of him too.  I could see him taking a Shawn Alexander type fall in production.  I think he has one more good year in him, but I would try to move him this year if I had him in a dynasty league.

Lacy is also my dark horse candidate for the top RB.  He is the clear cut workhorse for the Packers backfield, and defenses can't key on him or Rogers will shred them.

#12 PackMan

PackMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

And Lacy has looked like a beast in the limited carries he's gotten so far this year.  It's amazing how healthy he looks. Remember the entire second half of last season he was basically running on one foot.

#13 ARG

ARG

• HOGS
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

My Homer pick - Shady McCoy  

My Non Homer pick - Shady McCoy

So now you have my honest opinion.

#14 Raging Furball

Raging Furball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationSanta Clara, CA New Home for the 49ers

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

I just love me some Shady...  nuff said  :ray:  :rofl:  :beerchug:  :thumb_yello:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users