• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ray

Ray

• HOGS
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

Only a ten team league with mix of talent of owners. Start- C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 4 OFs, 2 Utility, 2 SPs, 2 Ps, & 1 RP

Most owners seem to think pitching dominates the league. Good pitchers do put up some points and are drafted earlier than most leagues.

Live Draft 18 Rds, added 3 players tonight & add 3 more players Thursday.

1.1 M.Cabrera- 1B/3B

T.Tulo- SS

G.Stanton- OF

D.Pedroia- 2B

D.Wright- 3B/Util

M.Cain- SP

C.Gomez- OF

A.Cobb- SP

H.Pence- OF

D.Ortiz- Util

E.Hosmer- 1B

A.Cashner- SP/RP

J.Lucory- C

K.Uehara- RP

H.Iwakuma- SP

Nathan- RP

C.Archer- SP

L.Martin- OF

E.Cabrera- SS

M.Estrada- SP

X.Bogaerts- SS/3B

Starters

C-Lucroy

1B- Hosmer

2B- Pedroia

SS- Tulo

3B- M.Cabrera

OF- Stanton, Gomez, Pence, L.Martin

Util- Wright, Ortiz

SP- Cain, Cobb

P-  Archer/Iwakuma/Estrada

RP- Uehara/Nathan/double start Cashner

bench- E.Cabrera, Bogaerts

Obviously, you do not know who is left, but any suggestions on late round flyers, you guys are looking at?

Also, thoughts on me trading away Tulo for Sherzer or Verlander?

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Verbal Kint

#2 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

I'd seriously consider a trade of Tulowitzki for Scherzer or Verlander.  You have Cabrera and Bogarts as SS options and your team would benefit from the addition of another top starting pitcher.

I'd recommend grabbing 2 pitchers and an outfielder with your next 3 picks.  Without knowing who is left, some potential pitching candidates could be Josh Johnson or Dan Haren that both are coming off sub-par seasons but may find themselves in good situations this year.  Johnson's move from Toronto to SD could put him in line for a solid bounce back year.  I'm also a sucker for Wandy Rodriguez who developed elbow arthritis but has been recovering well from all reports out of spring training.  Daniel Nava may be available in the OF but I think a good candidate for outfield that may not be on a lot of people's list could be Rajai Davis in Detroit. With Andy Dirks injured Davis could be in line for a starting role for a the first few months and is a great source of steals.

#3 Ray

Ray

• HOGS
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

thanks bro.

I know JJ is gone, but Haren, I have to check on. I do need another OF but there are a few that I had my eye on. Mostly speedsters.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Verbal Kint

#4 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• HOGS
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

He might be gone already but I would take Kole Calhoun if there. Ben Revere is another player that seems to be going late this season. I agree with Bengrimm about the two SP's to go along with a bat with your next 3 picks. 

I wouldn't trade away Tulo for either of those two pitchers. I would consider trading Tulo in a package involving either of them but not even close to a 1 for 1 deal for me. I value hitters a lot more than pitchers in any fantasy baseball format.

#5 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

Michael Pineda - is this the year he gets back on track?  It's likely going to be Pineda or David Phelps as the Yankees 5th starter.  Pineda has been extremely injury prone but could be a great gamble pick at SP - especially with a last round pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users