• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 PackMan

PackMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

I'm all in on Ellington this year.  I like the kid a lot.  in a 12 many team is 2.06 too early to grab him?  Will he be available at 3.07? I really want the guy but I don't want to go all David Wilson on him and draft him way to early and get burned.

Thanks.

#2 Dalton Gang

Dalton Gang

• HOGS
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

Not sure I would reach for him in the second but third could be good. I have the 8th pick in a 12 teamer and as of now the plan is to go WR/WR, so I am hoping he is there for me in the 3rd.

#3 Raging Furball

Raging Furball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationSanta Clara, CA New Home for the 49ers

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

Had the 1.07 pick in 12 team draft...  took him in the 3rd round.... after going WR/WR... 

#4 GlassJoe

GlassJoe

• HOGS
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

It just depends.  Had a 16-team IDP draft (not that that matters because IDP doesn't start for a few rounds), and I had the 13 spot.  Took Dez there, and Ellington went 2.1.  Didn't even get a shot at him at 2.4.  So it really depends.  I don't personally think it's too high if you like him a lot (I do), but the injury risk with a smaller back seems more prevalent than with a beefier guy....though that may or may not be true.

#5 PackMan

PackMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

well ideally Forte will slide to me at 7 and i'll get WR next and come back at 3.07 with Ellington. Otherwise I think I'm looking Megatron or Demaryius or Lacy at 7  and the same plan afterward... Fingers crossed.

#6 kiddlattimer

kiddlattimer

Starting Defense!

• HOGS / Admin
  • 424 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

It's a tough call... 2.06 is probably a bit early (not crazy though), and 3.07 could very well be too late.  

Trust your gut. If you really like the guy, and you're going to be p!ssed if he gets taken I would just pull the trigger in the second. 

• Bengrimm likes this

#7 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

He'll likely go mid to late 3rd round.  It's a gamble to wait for him at 3.07

#8 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

If you like to gamble, if you can move down about 4-5 spots, I'd do that and take Ellington before the end of the 2nd to be more sure you get him.

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

That, and Facebook blows.   :emo-coffee:

#9 Giantbear

Giantbear

proof reader

• HOGS
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

I grabbed him early.  I like his upside

#10 PackMan

PackMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

draft was snaking along nicely. I passed on him as 2.06 and took Alshon instead... was going to pounce at 3.07 and instead my dickhead friend grabbed him at 3.03. I was pissed.

#11 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

draft was snaking along nicely. I passed on him as 2.06 and took Alshon instead... was going to pounce at 3.07 and instead my dickhead friend grabbed him at 3.03. I was pissed.

So you are pissed because you chose to ignore the advice given, even after you were given it and warned of the dangers of waiting until 3.07?  You must like being pissed.

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

That, and Facebook blows.   :emo-coffee:

#12 PackMan

PackMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

yeah I was pissed he went in front of me, not like kick my dog beat my wife pissed, just regular old pissed.  I didn't think the value was there at 2.06. I gambled and lost. Not the first time, won't be the last.  I'll get him in my 10 man 1 keeper big money redraft. 

#13 GlassJoe

GlassJoe

• HOGS
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

Alshonn should soften the blow.  Who'd you take in the 3rd?

#14 PackMan

PackMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

I went AP at 1.07  Alshon 2.06  VJax 3.07 Cruz 4.06 RJennings, Foles T.Williams, Rudolph, Woodhead, Kaep, Boykin(who is a sleeper in GB FYI) Michael, A.Williams, Stills, S.Smith, J.Cook, K, Def

#15 Ray

Ray

• HOGS
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:15 PM

well ideally Forte will slide to me at 7 and i'll get WR next and come back at 3.07 with Ellington. Otherwise I think I'm looking Megatron or Demaryius or Lacy at 7  and the same plan afterward... Fingers crossed.

Yo kiss of death. Anyone else you really like that we should stay away from.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Verbal Kint

#16 Ray

Ray

• HOGS
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:16 PM

If you like to gamble, if you can move down about 4-5 spots, I'd do that and take Ellington before the end of the 2nd to be more sure you get him.

and the winner goes to Ragin. Solid advise here.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Verbal Kint

#17 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

Yep, traded for Lacy on D1 for youth and then he falls apart.

#18 Hurrifan

Hurrifan

• HOGS
  • 179 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

Update today from BA- Ellington will be a game time decision but he's not concerned about him missing any "considerable time". Said he was limited in practice but looked "fine".

#19 PackMan

PackMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

Yo kiss of death. Anyone else you really like that we should stay away from.

no shit. David Wilson last year... Ellington this year

#20 PackMan

PackMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

Update today from BA- Ellington will be a game time decision but he's not concerned about him missing any "considerable time". Said he was limited in practice but looked "fine".

It's a Monday night gamble... I will start Doug Martin and bench Ellington in my other league this week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users