EAGLES...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

Would Cincy be blacked out for you Wiley?

#22 Wile E. Coyote

Wile E. Coyote

• HOGS
  • 620 posts
  • LocationThe Hill Country

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

It would have been, because my local channels come from Lexington. Which was one of the listed blackout locations.

#23 Westy

Westy

• HOGS
  • 173 posts
  • LocationYour mom's fantasies

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

As much as the Eagles exceeded expectations, that loss still stings. Missed field goal, inability to stop the run, special teams melt down at the worst possible time ...

I feel like Philly should have won. On to the off season. Re-sign Maclin, build around Nicky Franchise, and keep retooling the defense through the draft.

"You know, you can't control your own destiny.  Destiny is a predetermined set of events.  Therefore, if it's predetermined, you can't control it."

~Chip Kelly

Follow me on TwitterUntappd, & Athlinks

#24 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Whoever is probably toast against Seattle anyway.

#25 ARG

ARG

• HOGS
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Whoever is probably toast against Seattle anyway.

I really hope so.  Payton is such a smug SOB and I would love to see that dumb smirk smacked right off his face.

Is it too obvious I'm still bitter?

#26 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

I really hope so.  Payton is such a smug SOB and I would love to see that dumb smirk smacked right off his face.

Is it too obvious I'm still bitter?

A tad. I'll pull for the Saints, but won't be shocked of they get their ass beat again.

#27 Wile E. Coyote

Wile E. Coyote

• HOGS
  • 620 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

Would Cincy be blacked out for you Wiley?

I wish they would have blacked it out now. Damn. Apparently Andy Dalton put money on the Chargers or something. He sure as hell threw the ball to them enough.

#28 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

That was boring as hell.

#29 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

As much as the Eagles exceeded expectations, that loss still stings. Missed field goal, inability to stop the run, special teams melt down at the worst possible time ...

I feel like Philly should have won. On to the off season. Re-sign Maclin, build around Nicky Franchise, and keep retooling the defense through the draft.

Maclin - such a tease!  Talent is absolutely there but made of glass.  Philly had success without him, I say move on and replace through the draft/free agency process.

#30 Venom

Venom

• HOGS
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

Did you grill your quinoa?

Wait, it never once says Humpty Dumpy is an egg...

#31 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

It would have been, because my local channels come from Lexington. Which was one of the listed blackout locations.

So...would a blackout have all been about NFL greed?  Or, is this an owner thing?

#32 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

As for the Eagles.  Sadly, I think Chip is going to do all right with them.

#33 Wile E. Coyote

Wile E. Coyote

• HOGS
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

So...would a blackout have all been about NFL greed?  Or, is this an owner thing?

Just couldn't sell tickets because of astronomical ticket prices. Corporations bailed them out buying up a bunch of tix. I can see why people don't wanna pay especially after 3 straight years of losing in the 1st rd.

#34 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Just couldn't sell tickets because of astronomical ticket prices. Corporations bailed them out buying up a bunch of tix. I can see why people don't wanna pay especially after 3 straight years of losing in the 1st rd.

At least they are consistent.  

#35 Wile E. Coyote

Wile E. Coyote

• HOGS
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'd rather them suck and get a high draft pick than consistently lose in the Wildcard rd.

#36 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

That's no fun. Trust me.

#37 Ray

Ray

• HOGS
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Five plays in particular cost us that game. 1) Alex Henery missing the fg is obviously the most glaring being that we lost by 2. He stinks, has a shorter leg than me, gives the opposing team an opportunity for good field position on every kickoff and should have been cut before the team left the locker room on Saturday. 2) If there is a knock on Nick Foles during his unbelievable season, it's that he holds the ball too long sometimes taking a huge sack. He did this on the play before the missed fg, losing valuable yards which probably cost us 3 points. I say probably because as I stated in #1, Alex Henery stinks and could have missed that without Foles help. I'm not overly worried as Foles should get that 'feel' with experience. 3 & 4) Roc Carmichael owns two major mishaps, the first the huge mistake on the punt. The ball should have been downed on the 1 yard line, but for some reason he decided to kick the ball into the endzone. The second, EVERYONE in he stadium knew that Brees was going to target him on the first (and only) play C.Williams was on the bench cause of injury. Apparently, everyone except Carmichael as he allows a 3rd and long to be completed for a first down. 5) The huge drop by Reilly Cooper on third down where he not only had a first down, but possibly a TD having a blocker out front, and at minimum a huge gain which would have at least prevented the punt. The Eagles didnt play their best game but they still played well enough to win.

As for this offseason, I would like to see them re-sign Maclin to play opposite Desean at wideout on 2 WR sets and play musical slots with Desean or Maclin in the slot and Reilly Cooper entering one of the outside positions on thre man sets. This barring a holdout by Desean who now wants a new contract with 3 years remaining in his present. Would love to see Avant stick around as #4 WR but his inability to play special teams may sadly cost him his spot with the team.

Edit- speaking of Desean... if he threatens a holdout, I hope chip kelly deactivates him. New coach needs to show who is in charge. Desean still has 3 years on his contract which is paying him as the 8th highest WR over the course of the contract. He is not close to being a top ten WR talent.

Now that we dont have to waste a pick on a QB, I want to see them pick the best available defense player to fit their scheme. The defense played quite well considering the severe lack of talent on that side of the ball.

• Westy likes this

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Verbal Kint

#38 denny_32

denny_32

dork/nerd/dweeb

• HOGS
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

Sweet baby jebus, ray.  Stop posting shit about the Eagles in an Eagles thread. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users