• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

OK we know the seedings after the wildcard round, so who is your SuperBowl Champion?

AFC

SanDiego at Denver - I'll be rooting against Peyton but I can't see SD pulling off another upset.

Indy at New England - Sure I'm a homer, but I can't see the Patriots collapsing like the Chiefs did.

Denver than beats New England - not enough Patriots players left to make a legit run at the Super Bowl :(

NFC

New Orleans at Seattle - New Orleans road woes continue.  Seattle in a romp

SF at Carolina - The 49er offense is heating up.  I like SF here

Seattle beats SF - the home field advantage the Seahawks have is HUGE!

SuperBowl

Seattle over Denver - I'm taking Seattle's Defense and assuming that Peyton will have trouble in a very cold SuperBowl!

#2 jTexans

jTexans

• HOGS
  • 428 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

Denver over Colts in AFC. 

SF over Seattle in NFC. 

SF wins Super Bowl.  

#3 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

AFC

San Diego at Denver - The dream is over for the Bolts, you stay classy San Diego.

Indy at New England - There's something about this game and the match-up between Luck and Brady, that reeks of upset and a changing of the guard.  Yet, I cannot pick Indy to win on the road again, against a better defense.  I think the Pats have reverted to the days of old when Hoodie ran the ball and played strong D, they use this formula again.

New England at Denver - Denver will not be denied, they are Super Bowl bound, but it will be a very difficult game to win.

NFC

New Orleans at Seattle - seems like Payton is on a mission this year after getting banished for a year.  But I don't see the Saints going into Seattle and winning, although I don't think it will be a blow out either.

SF at Carolina - Going to be tough, travelling across country again, but this time they get the warmer climes of Carolina.  I think Cam may try to do too much on his own and that will be the Panthers undoing.  Niners to win another close defensive struggle, reversing the tables from the regular season loss they had to the Panthers.

SF at Seattle - too much travel, too tough a place to win for the Niners. Seattle is going back to the Super Bowl.

SuperBowl

Seattle vs. Denver - Wilson will outplay Peyton and the Seahawks D is simply too strong in this one.  Seattle 31 - Denver 17

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

That, and Facebook blows.   :emo-coffee:

#4 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

San Diego is hot.  I figured they had a good shot in Cincy.  But, I cannot go against Manning in this one:  Denver

I wish Indy would win...but even the battered Patriots will piss me off AGAIN, f*ckers:  New England

Denver to finish off the a**hole Belicheat:  Denver

---------------------------------------------------------------

I love Russell Wilson, hate Pete Carroll.  Inside on turf, I have a feeling this is an upset:  New Orleans

F*ck Kaepernick and Harbaugh, but they are out for revenge:  S.F.

In a "road woes swept under the carpet" upset:  New Orleans

------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold Super Bowl.  Even grandpa Manning does not let this one get away.  Gets his second ring, so people can get him into the "Best QB ever" discussion:  Denver

#5 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• HOGS
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

My Super Bowl prediction was Denver vs Carolina. 

Peyton gets his second ring.

#6 Maida_gc

Maida_gc

• HOGS
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

If San Diego wins this week, or even keeps it within one score, I'll be more stunned than anything I could even fathom right now for comparison purposes. For the record, I predicted San Diego upsetting Denver the first time around. The circumstance were vastly different.

I would not be stunned if INDI beats New England. They have the ability to score, keep NE off the field, and get to Brady. But in the end, I'm still taking New England. Hoodie has a way of figuring out an opponents weakness to compensate for his own. And his own weakness this year is New England quite frankly isn't that great. New England in a tight one. 

Seattle vs New Orleans - This just has to be Seattle. Has to be. Seattle could conceivably assume this game will be easy and get caught napping early. Seattle has shown some weaknesses at home since rinsing New Orleans a couple weeks ago, but I don't think it's enough. One thing I worry about might be Percy Harvin, and that is they're doing fine without him, having him play and trying to over use him might be an issue. But rightfully motivated and a moderate to well executed gameplan, Seattle should win somewhat comfortably. 

Carolina vs SF - Under. Should see some great D in this one. This is going to be a good game, where I understand all of the hunching that SF wins just because they've been there, and seem to be rolling, trendy, but I think in the end, home field, and a very overrated Harbaugh, leads to a Carolina victory. Green Bay is kinda terrible, lets face it, and they were able to hang with SF the entire game (I blame Harbaugh and terrible red zone calls) but Eddie Lacy was able to run with consistency on SF and that could be a real problem for them on D between the Carolina RBs and Cam (big game on the ground forthcoming), I think Panthers score more than the 49ers. 

As for the next rounds, my conclusion is Seattle wins, then wins again. 

#7 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

I predict I am going to shoot someone if I hear Peyton Manning hollar Omaha one more time.

#8 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

I predict I am going to shoot someone if I hear Peyton Manning hollar Omaha one more time.

Well, it drew the Bolts off-sides 5 times, so why not Razor one time?  Gives new meaning to the term "snap" count.

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

#9 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

Great playoff games this weekend.  And here where my picks have absolutely no meaning, I am perfect.  In my office pool, however, I decided to gamble and pick Indy in an upset over new England.  Bold move, but ultimately foolish in the long run!  :(

#10 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

What blew the game for the Panthers were those goal line stands by the 49ers. That really seemed to set the tone for the rest of the game

Plus you could see Steve Smith was clearly hobbling around the 2nd half and losing him was a huge blow.

#11 Maida_gc

Maida_gc

• HOGS
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Refs didn't do Carolina too many favours. just a one sided zebra affair. Mind you some bone headed Carolina plays as well. SF didn't do a whole lot to impress me, aside from the goal line stands. vs Cam Newton especially, those were impressive.

A few major Ref interventions this weekend. Major! The trip heard round the world in NE / INDI was massive. 

#12 Maida_gc

Maida_gc

• HOGS
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

If you won money this weekend catching New Orleans +8.5 or San Diego on the back door. Quit. Or spend your winnings on lottery tickets. 2 absolute dominating one sided blow outs made close by craziness. Thankfully I was only on the teasers this weekend, numbers just too high, even though they both should have easily come home. 

#13 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Well, it drew the Bolts off-sides 5 times, so why not Razor one time?  Gives new meaning to the term "snap" count.

After hearing Peyton Manning yell "Omaha" more than 40 times at the line of scrimmage during Sunday's victory over the San Diego Chargers, an official with Omaha Steaks says the company is considering offering the Denver Broncos quarterback an endorsement deal that could include calling out its name during the big game.

"Omaha Steaks is always looking for awesome promotional opportunities that get our brand in front of customers and potential customers," said Todd Simon, a senior vice president at the company his family owns. "So if the economics were right, Omaha Steaks would consider a deal with Mr. Manning, especially given his apparent affinity for Omaha."

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league doesn't have a rule in place that forbids such a deal, and Alan Zucker, who is Manning's marketing agent, wouldn't comment on whether his client would accept it in the first place.

But a potential deal between Manning and Omaha Steaks might be frowned upon.

The NFL already bans players from wearing non-league-approved brands and logos on the field and has even fined players for wearing non-official sponsors during Super Bowl media day. In 2007, Brian Urlacher was fined $100,000 for wearing a hat with the Vitaminwater logo on it to the media event.

Officials at Fox, which is charging an average of $4 million per 30-second ad in the Super Bowl this year, likely wouldn't be thrilled if a company that chose not to advertise in the game sought to get a bang for its buck by paying off a quarterback to have its name picked up by field-level microphones.

ESPN.com asked two sponsorship-evaluation companies, Front Row Analytics and Joyce Julius & Associates, to project how much, in equivalent ad value, a quarterback's mention at the line of scrimmage would be worth to a brand.

For this weekend's conference championship games, Front Row Analytics says each mention during an audible would be worth $150,000. Joyce Julius projects the value to be higher -- $500,000. For the Super Bowl, Front Row Analytics says each mention would be worth $400,000 in equivalent ad value, while Joyce Julius says each mention during the title game would be worth $1.3 million.

Given those numbers, there's potentially a lot of money at play. Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson made $526,217 this season, while San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick made $740,844. One of their teams is guaranteed to be playing in the Super Bowl.

But marketers for Wilson and Kaepernick immediately dismissed the idea as a Hail Mary.

"If a company offered Russell this opportunity, I honestly wouldn't even take it to him," said Mark Rodgers, who works with Wilson on his marketing deals. "The idea that a quarterback, in the middle of the Super Bowl, would be thinking about working in the name of a company really flies in the face of having respect for the game."

IMG's Carlos Fleming, who works with Kaepernick, agreed but left the door open if the team knew about it and potentially could be cut in.

"It would be difficult to imagine the team allowing a quarterback, in the Super Bowl, to promote one of his sponsors when he's at the line of scrimmage calling plays," Fleming said. "You also have to consider the damage to a player's credibility in the eyes of his teammates during such an important moment.

"But let's not be too naive. If there were a significant enough financial incentive for the team, anything is possible."

When the Broncos played the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 4 this season, a microphone picked up a player yelling "Papa John's." It was an Eagles defensive player and not Manning, who has an endorsement deal with the company and owns 24 of its franchises in the Denver area.

"Peyton Manning has too much respect for the game to do something like this," said Steve Rosner of 16W Marketing, whose firm represents quarterback greats Phil Simms, Jim Kelly and Boomer Esiason. "But, for others, I couldn't ever see it happening. There's no way something wouldn't leak and the NFL wouldn't put a stop to it."

#14 Maida_gc

Maida_gc

• HOGS
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

YES. Seattle got there, and I have a ton to root for now. Now just hope for a good game. 

Lines are jumping from Seattle -2 to Denver -2... Might end up a pick em. Weather will be a big part of the result I'm sure. 

#1 vs #1, been a while since that has happened. 

Let's Go Hawks. See you in Vegas. 

#15 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

So, shot wounded or dead and was it anyone we know?  Or was it just another poor unfortunate squirrel again?

squirrel_shot.jpg

#16 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

Pretty much nailed all my predictions so far, but not feeling too good about Seattle winning it all.  Right now I would say Denver is the better team and will win the Super Bowl, which is what I and many others thought preseason.  I do not see Peyton being denied and the Denver OL has played superbly.  Definitely pulling for the Broncos, Peyton will go down as a definitive top 3 GOAT QB if he wins one more time.

Montana

Brady

Peyton

Unitas

Young

#17 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

http://bleacherrepor...tm_campaign=nfl

Peyton Manning accomplished two things Sunday: He earned his third trip to the Super Bowl with a win over the Patriots and he helped raise a good chunk of change for charity in the process.  How'd he do that?

By yelling "Omaha!" 31 times during the Broncos' victory

Earlier this week five Omaha business joined forces to contribute $500 for every time the QB said "Omaha" before taking a snap. Right before kickoff another company got in on the action and the total for each mention rose to $800.

That means $24,800 will be donated to ''Peyback Foundation,'' Manning's foundation for at-risk youth.

#18 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

Pretty much nailed all my predictions so far, but not feeling too good about Seattle winning it all.  Right now I would say Denver is the better team and will win the Super Bowl, which is what I and many others thought preseason.  I do not see Peyton being denied and the Denver OL has played superbly.  Definitely pulling for the Broncos, Peyton will go down as a definitive top 3 GOAT QB if he wins one more time.

Montana

Brady

Peyton

Unitas

Young

Where is Favre?

#19 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

Richard Sherman may want to consider an anger management class.

#20 hopeful bengals fan

hopeful bengals fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Ohio

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Where is Favre?

Below Elway, Marino, Bart Starr, Otto Graham, Staubach, Tarkenton...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users