Who are you avoiding

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

What players are you avoiding this year.

1) TE Rob Gronkowski-->Yes he is a beast when healthy. But I keep hearing how he is still limping. Considering I have to use a 3rd rd pick on him, I will pass.

2) QB Tony Romo-->Still having back problems and reports are he is struggling with his deep pass. Another player that I will

pass on considering there are better options.

3) QB Robert Griffin-->The sexy pick this season and is on most owners lists of must have players. I'm just not sold on him

this season.

4) WR Jeremy Maclin-->Another player that is always drafted to early in my opinion

5) WR Dwayne Bowe-->I've been burned once to often by this guy. No thanks

#2 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

1) TE Rob Gronkowski-->Yes he is a beast when healthy. But I keep hearing how he is still limping. Considering I have to use a 3rd rd pick on him, I will pass.

2) QB Tony Romo-->Still having back problems and reports are he is struggling with his deep pass. Another player that I will

3) QB Robert Griffin-->The sexy pick this season and is on most owners lists of must have players. I'm just not sold on him
this season.

4) WR Jeremy Maclin-->Another player that is always drafted to early in my opinion

All of those. Stuck with Romo in Ultimate, but you dance with who you have in that league. I do have Rivers who I think might have a sneaky good year.

Arian Foster is an avoid for me. Like Gronk, you have to get him high and his back is a concern.

#3 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

Foster seems like a player that could have hit the wall as fast as Shaun Alexander.

When running backs hit the wall, they hit it hard.

#4 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

Foster seems like a player that could have hit the wall as fast as Shaun Alexander.

When running backs hit the wall, they hit it hard.

No doubt. I'm afraid he will fade out just as fast as he came in. It is interesting that they dropped their primary back-up. Could Alfred Blue be a sleeper?

#5 Wreckingcrew

Wreckingcrew

WWWSlut

• HOGS
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

this season.

Great List.  I was putting my avoid list together and all of these guys come to mind. 

Lamar Miller and Moreno from Miami are on my avoid lists as well as SJax.

#6 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

I have to agree with all the players that have been mentioned so far although I hope you are wrong about Romo as I'm a believer that Dez Bryant is in line for a huge season in Linehan's offense.

I'd add:

Andre Johnson: Supposedly over his hamstring injury, he's still 33 with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing him passes.

DeMarco Murray: I smell RBBC

CJ Spiller: Jackson will steal the goal line work and Brice Brown will steal some carries as well.

Pierre Garcon:  I think he is being taken too soon in drafts based on last seasons #'s.  His role is changing in Jay Gruden's offense and he may be getting targeted less this season.

#7 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

I forgot to add Donte Rosario!   :D

• BGG and Wreckingcrew like this

#8 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Agree with most of these guys, but am not running away from RGIII as I do think he will have a better year.  He's just not a guy that you can trust however, so you need a good backup to go with him (like Rivers, or Big Ben).

Some others I will be avoiding this year:

Lynch - he'll still get his, but it will definitely be a year of decline

Newton - way overpriced for me, he does not have the surrounding cast

CJ?K - see Lynch

Edelman - I think he peaked last year, it was a season of opportunism for him with all the turmoil and turnover in NE, but that has stabilized a lot now

Guys like Bowe are not even on my radar at all, so no need to avoid them.

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

That, and Facebook blows.   :emo-coffee:

#9 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

I have to agree with all the players that have been mentioned so far although I hope you are wrong about Romo as I'm a believer that Dez Bryant is in line for a huge season in Linehan's offense.

I'd add:

Andre Johnson: Supposedly over his hamstring injury, he's still 33 with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing him passes.

DeMarco Murray: I smell RBBC

CJ Spiller: Jackson will steal the goal line work and Brice Brown will steal some carries as well.

Pierre Garcon:  I think he is being taken too soon in drafts based on last season's #'s.  His role is changing in Jay Gruden's offense and he may be getting targeted less this season.

That is why I didn't believe the Hoyer and 2-4 picks to Houston for Johnson rumors.  I couldn't see the Browns giving away 2-4 picks when they are far from contention. 

#10 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

Agree with most of these guys, but am not running away from RGIII as I do think he will have a better year.  He's just not a guy that you can trust however, so you need a good backup to go with him (like Rivers, or Big Ben).

Some others I will be avoiding this year:

Lynch - he'll still get his, but it will definitely be a year of decline

Newton - way overpriced for me, he does not have the surrounding cast

CJ?K - see Lynch

Edelman - I think he peaked last year, it was a season of opportunism for him with all the turmoil and turnover in NE, but that has stabilized a lot now

Guys like Bowe are not even on my radar at all, so no need to avoid them.

Now I'm not saying I would not draft RG3. I just won't based on where he is being drafted. He is going a couple rounds before Matt Ryan.

I would much rather have Ryan later. If RG3 falls to rd 6-8 I would consider him, but he won't fall that far.

#11 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

Now I'm not saying I would not draft RG3. I just won't based on where he is being drafted. He is going a couple rounds before Matt Ryan.

I would much rather have Ryan later. If RG3 falls to rd 6-8 I would consider him, but he won't fall that far.

Agreed, I think the hype train on him is going a wee bit faster than it should.

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

That, and Facebook blows.   :emo-coffee:

#12 Dalton Gang

Dalton Gang

• HOGS
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

I am thinking Trent Richardson. Had him last year and first preseason game he looked no better. He will have to fall pretty far for me to take him or look a lot better in the next 2 preseason games.

#13 double down

double down

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

Buffalo RBs - I can't win, when I pick one, the other is the healthy one

Foster - this is the year of steep decline, took Blue in the last round 

Gerhart - upright running, going to have knee issues soon

#14 Warcry

Warcry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Was reading through some fantasy articles and came across a link to this regarding Bowe:

When your coach calls it "shot" your in trouble.  Fingers like this do not heal - period.  I've had multiple severe dislocations playing ball and it will take years to heal from one bad one.  Forced me to give up golf (which ultimately saved alot of money.. ;) )

http://espn.go.com/n...ity-chiefs-says

#15 Giantbear

Giantbear

proof reader

• HOGS
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

I am avoiding AP - i think the wall will be hit this year

Foster - just can't stay healthy 

Romo unless he can prove healthy before my bml draft

trying to avoid wr on teams with bad qb

#16 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

I'm adding Stevan Ridley. After last nights fumble and subsequent removal from the game I have zero confidence in how the Patriots will use him this season.

Up until last night, I had Ridley as a good "buy-low" and "bounce back" candidate for this season because he'll have opportunity on the Patriots offense and he's playing for a contract.  I thought he represented good value based on his ADP.  I think the repeated benchings after a fumble have gotten into Ridley's head - at this point he'll probably only benefit from a change in scenery.  I understand that losing fumbles is a bad thing, but I'm not convinved the Bellichek's approach is working with Ridley.  Last night was a pre-season game - meaningless.  Instead of benching Ridley for the rest of the game after the fumble, why not give him a few carries on the next series to help build up his confidence? 

I thought Ridley looked good early on last night and was having good success against the Eagles D. James White looked a little tentative and was not getting decent gains running. 

#17 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

I thought Ridley looked good early on last night and was having good success against the Eagles D. James White looked a little tentative and was not getting decent gains running. 

White will be the starter by the end of the season.  Draft him and stash him.

#18 Snake

Snake

• HOGS
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

No doubt. I'm afraid he will fade out just as fast as he came in. It is interesting that they dropped their primary back-up. Could Alfred Blue be a sleeper?

coughGRIMEScough

#19 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

coughGRIMEScough

Let me guess, you own him in Ultimate.

#20 Snake

Snake

• HOGS
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Let me guess, you own him in Ultimate.

.............and let me guess, you own Blue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users