Looks like the Vikes have reinstated AP and he will be available for week 3

Source to follow.

#22 Wreckingcrew

Wreckingcrew

WWWSlut

• HOGS
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

Alright you cold hearted bastards. How many of you raced to your local waiver wires and snatched up

every backup Viking running back you could find, as soon as you heard this news. Crew you raise your

hand

Only got Astasia in one league .... there were plenty of other cold hearted bastards that picked up both backups before me.

I think its absolutely wrong for what he did and expect him to get suspended for 6-8 weeks.

#23 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

If this was not a guy like AP, I wonder if the Vikes would have reinstated him?  Arguably what AP allegedly did was worse than either Rice or Hardy's transgressions.  The debate about when does discipline start/stop and abuse begin, rages on.

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

That, and Facebook blows.   :emo-coffee:

#24 Wreckingcrew

Wreckingcrew

WWWSlut

• HOGS
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

The Vikings have reinstated Adrian Peterson and he is expected to play in Sunday's Week 3 game at New Orleans.

The Vikings are using the "due process" excuse following Peterson's indictment on charges of reckless and negligent injury to a child. Of course, if Peterson wasn't the best player on the team then he'd be held to a different standard. "Today's decision was made after significant thought, discussion and consideration," read a Monday statement from the Vikings. "As evidenced by our decision to deactivate Adrian from yesterday's game, this is clearly a very important issue." The NFL's hands could also be tied as Peterson's case winds its way through the courts. Still, we'd hold Matt Asiata on rosters just in case Roger Goodell steps in.

From Rotoworld.

#25 Westy

Westy

• HOGS
  • 173 posts
  • LocationYour mom's fantasies

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

mmmmm, I don't know. .  . the microscope is on Goodell.  He can't have another "I got it wrong" incident.  

"You know, you can't control your own destiny.  Destiny is a predetermined set of events.  Therefore, if it's predetermined, you can't control it."

~Chip Kelly

Follow me on TwitterUntappd, & Athlinks

#26 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

mmmmm, I don't know. .  . the microscope is on Goodell.  He can't have another "I got it wrong" incident.  

If the law does not find so-and-so did something illegal, why is it up to ones employer to say otherwise?

• BGG likes this

#27 Hurrifan

Hurrifan

• HOGS
  • 179 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:55 PM

This AP thing is getting worse. Now accused in a second incident with a different 4 year old son, although no charges have been filed yet.

Word is sponsors are dropping support for the team.

#28 Who's Your Daddy

Who's Your Daddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSnellville Ga

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

And the SAGA continues !!

http://www.thescore....nfl/news/597691

"During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball." - Mickey Mantle

#29 PackMan

PackMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

So should he even stay on my redraft roster? I could use the roster spot.

#30 Renreb

Renreb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale, FL

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

Luckily, I do not have him in any of my leagues (I did grab both McKinnon and Asiata in one league) but I would drop him in re-draft leagues.  I do not see AP playing again this year.  

Hopefully he will be wearing an Oakland Raiders jersey next year!

#31 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

Now he smoked weed before appearing in court?  WTF...

D-o-w-n

H-i-l-l

S-p-i-r-a-l

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users