21 replies to this topic

#1 Who's Your Daddy

Who's Your Daddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSnellville Ga

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

Would you pick him up off the wire and stash him till week 12?  PPR standard Scoring, who would you drop?

I have

Alshon

Cordarelle Patterson

Sammy Watkins

Fitz

Brandin Cooks

Emmanuel Sanders

Thanks

"During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball." - Mickey Mantle

#2 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• HOGS
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

I probably wouldn't cut any of those players for a stash but I picked him up before week 1 and have held onto him for the season. I don't mind wasting a roster spot on the dude because I feel like it is like making a huge trade before the playoffs without giving up anything.  

• Westy likes this

#3 Westy

Westy

• HOGS
  • 173 posts
  • LocationYour mom's fantasies

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

I probably wouldn't cut any of those players for a stash but I picked him up before week 1 and have held onto him for the season. I don't mind wasting a roster spot on the dude because I feel like it is like making a huge trade before the playoffs without giving up anything.  

Same here.  I dropped some garbage for him early on, but I would drop any of the guys you listed.

"You know, you can't control your own destiny.  Destiny is a predetermined set of events.  Therefore, if it's predetermined, you can't control it."

~Chip Kelly

Follow me on TwitterUntappd, & Athlinks

#4 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

If you really want him, make a 2 for 1 trade and upgrade something.  Then, pick him up.

#5 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

Would you pick him up off the wire and stash him till week 12?  PPR standard Scoring, who would you drop?

I have

Alshon

Cordarelle Patterson

Sammy Watkins

Fitz

Brandin Cooks

Emmanuel Sanders

Thanks

Who else do you have on your team?  All of these guys have value right now.

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

That, and Facebook blows.   :emo-coffee:

#6 kiddlattimer

kiddlattimer

Starting Defense!

• HOGS / Admin
  • 424 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

If you really want him, make a 2 for 1 trade and upgrade something.  Then, pick him up.

This

#7 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:39 PM

This kid is just a train wreck, pure and simple.

#8 kiddlattimer

kiddlattimer

Starting Defense!

• HOGS / Admin
  • 424 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

What a fucking idiot... Josh Gordon facing 1-year ban

#9 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

yup

#10 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• HOGS
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

Done with him in the fantasy world and I have no pity for the guy in reality. 

#11 Outlaw Dogs

Outlaw Dogs

• HOGS
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

How do you waste so much talent?

#12 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:34 PM

He may be the king of wasted talent.  Who off the top of your heads could challenge him?

#13 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:34 PM

Talking legit, proven talent here.

#14 Bungle Fever

Bungle Fever

• HOGS
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

I'd put Jamarcus Russell and Lawrence Phillips in that category, with Albert Haynesworth getting honorable mention. Stanley Wilson from the Bengals Super Bowl 23 team is also up there. He got coked up on the morning of the Super Bowl and never played another down. He's sitting in prison now in the middle of a 22 year sentence for burglary.

#15 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:17 AM

Phillips and Wilson are criminals, Gordon isn't in that camp, at least not yet.  He has admittedly made some really poor decisions, but he seems to believe that he is not the headcase most are making him out to be.  Here are some excerpts from an open letter he released.

Bottom line - he either gets it figured out really quick, or he working as either a used car salesman or a Walmart clerk, if he's lucky.

Maybe it's something in that Cleveland water, what say you Johnny F?

On Monday, Charles Barkley made headlines when he said, "Josh Gordon is gonna die if he keeps going on this road," referring to the Cleveland Browns wide receiver's drug and alcohol use in the wake of his latest suspension. Barkley lost a brother to substance abuse issues and stated, "I love my brother, I miss my brother, but when you get invovled with alcohol and drugs and you can't control it -- you look at Philip Seymour Hoffman -- it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when."

Thursday, Gordon responded to Barkley, as well as ESPN's Stephen A. Smith and Cris Carter, among others, in an open letter at The Cauldron.

Gordon began the letter by showing appreciation for everyone's concern for his well-being before letting on that he has no relationship whatsoever with any of the people showing concern for him on television. He continued, "Respectfully, your worry over my 'problems' with substance abuse and my twisting descent into darkness and, apparently, my impending death, is misplaced -- mostly because you have very little idea what you are talking about."

Gordon then definitively stated, "I have not smoked marjiuana since before I was drafted by the Browns in 2012 -- and there are years' worth of drug tests to prove it."

Gordon's latest suspension -- reportedly for a year -- was due to his testing positive for alcohol, not marijuana.

Gordon was suspended for the first 10 games of the 2014 season for two violations. He received eight games for testing positive for marijuana -- which Gordon says was due to inhaling second-hand smoke -- and two games (reduced from four) for a DWI. In the DWI case, Gordon says, his blood-alcohol content was 0.01 over the legal limit, which led to the league reducing his ban for that violation from four games to two.

As a strict condition to my reinstatement in Week 12, I had to agree not only to abstain from drinking for the rest of the season, but also to submit to an alcohol screen as part of my in-season drug testing under the league's substance-abuse protocol. Did I think that was excessive given I had never had any issue whatsoever with alcohol? Yes. Did I think it was hypocritical that a professional league making hundreds of millions of dollars off beer sponsorships was telling me not to drink? Yes. Did I so much as blink at the condition? No.

Gordon says he did not drink alcohol once after he was reinstated, or even since his DWI in July, until this latest instance that triggered his positive test.

On Jan. 2 of this year, just days after our season ended earlier than we all had hoped — and yes, my actions during the prior offseason definitely contributed to our failure to make the playoffs; it killed me seeing our guys fight so hard when I wasn't out there with them — I boarded a private flight to Las Vegas with several teammates. During the flight, I had two beers and two drinks. It was the first time I had consumed so much as a drop of alcohol since July 4, 2014, the day of the DWI.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not much of a drinker. Even calling me a social drinker would be an exaggeration, but at that moment, on that flight, I made a choice. The wrong choice, as it turned out.

Upon landing, I received the all-too-familiar notice by phone that I was to report to a testing location within four hours. I failed the test, obviously, and the rest is history … colored by media speculation and faux outrage.

Gordon also wrote that more than anything else, he has failed himself.

I have let down many in Cleveland -- my Browns teammates, our hard-working coaching staff, the team's ownership, and the loyal fan base that wants nothing more than to win. Playing there is different than in many other cities. We feel the fans' pain. We know how important this is to them.

Also, I have disappointed the family and close friends who have always stood by me -- no matter how tough things have been at certain points in my life. Believe me, there have been more dark days than I care to remember.

Most importantly, I have failed myself. Again.

I failed myself when started using marijuana regularly as a young teenager. I failed myself when I ruined a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be Robert Griffin III's running mate during his Heisman Trophy-winning season at Baylor. I failed myself when I didn't check with the league office to ensure that my doctor-prescribed, codeine-based medicine was allowed under NFL guidelines. I failed myself when I was arrested for driving a motor vehicle with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit. I failed myself when I missed a team walkthrough late in the season and was suspended for the final game of the year.

Gordon also made sure to note, however, that he has also succeeded in his life by escaping from a neighborhood filled with poverty and ruin, and by avoiding the life of crime that so many of the people he grew up with fell into. He admitted that he's made mistakes, but spent most of the open letter attempting to clarify that the mistakes he's made are not the same ones that most people believe he has made.

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

That, and Facebook blows.   :emo-coffee:

#16 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

I was initially excited about Manziel, but it is apparent he isn't taking this opportunity seriously. It is a shame, Cleveland has some nice pieces to the puzzle, but can't figure out the skill positions.

#17 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

The knock on Johnny originally was his size would hold him back. I knew he was a bone head off the field and that was ok at A&M because he

was a superstar. That won't hold up in the NFL and has gotten old already. When you already start with a your to small handle and combine it with

his off the field antics, its a recipe for disaster.

#18 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:33 PM

The knock on Johnny originally was his size would hold him back. I knew he was a bone head off the field and that was ok at A&M because he

was a superstar. That won't hold up in the NFL and has gotten old already. When you already start with a your to small handle and combine it with

his off the field antics, its a recipe for disaster.

Yeah, I should have kept my 1st or whatever the hell I gave you for him.  Guess Phillip Rivers will get the call for a few more years in Ultimate. 

#19 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Johnny is now in treatment to,,,,,be a better person?

Kind of open ended if you ask me.

I could probably qualify for that program.

#20 Snake

Snake

• HOGS
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

Johnny is now in treatment to,,,,,be a better person?

Kind of open ended if you ask me.

I could probably qualify for that program.

Comical PR spin by his "people".  Alcoholic? 

If they had treatment programs for just being an asshole I'd probably get into one of those myself. hahahahaha  (shut up wiley)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users