OK...Now What?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

Are Americans just inventing new winter Olympic sports so there are more to watch...and maybe so we can compile a few more medals?

#22 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Down hill luge off a ski jump would be awesome.

Like we used to do when we were kids on sleds.

#23 Giantbear

Giantbear

proof reader

• HOGS
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

I don't know why they don't move some of the indoor summer stuff to the winter.  Why does Gymnastics have to be summer?

#24 Wile E. Coyote

Wile E. Coyote

• HOGS
  • 620 posts
  • LocationThe Hill Country

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

I don't know why they don't move some of the indoor summer stuff to the winter.  Why does Gymnastics have to be summer?

Because the teenage girls who participate are in school in the winter, but on summer vacation?

#25 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

To many high diving accidents?

#26 ComBoz

ComBoz

• HOGS
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

I like the winter olympics way better than the summer olympics.  In the winter games there are sports you just don't see every day like ski jumping or half pipe snowboarding.  The snowboard cross race is pretty awesome too. 

One word....Curling.

A sport that even an out-of-shape middle-aged beer drinker can compete in.

Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer give a damn....

#27 kiddlattimer

kiddlattimer

Starting Defense!

• HOGS / Admin
  • 424 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

One word....Curling.

Yea, I didn't mean they're all thrilling but as a whole winter seems to have a little more risk/excitement involved.  

On a side note, Curling does look like it'd be kinda fun, especially since I fit all of the above criteria  :thumb_yello:

#28 Ragin Kajun

Ragin Kajun

• HOGS
  • 414 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Yea, I didn't mean they're all thrilling but as a whole winter seems to have a little more risk/excitement involved.  

On a side note, Curling does look like it'd be kinda fun, especially since I fit all of the above criteria  :thumb_yello:

Curling bonspiels are loads of fun, used to do these when I was still in high school.  We would sometimes have to play three games from around 9 PM til 6 AM and it was all we could do to stay awake between games while binge drinking.  Never won the 'A' draw, but we won the 'B' side once or twice.  Great prizes too!

:lol:

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

That, and Facebook blows.   :emo-coffee:

#29 Westy

Westy

• HOGS
  • 173 posts
  • LocationYour mom's fantasies

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

One word....Curling.

Yes!  Curling is mesmerizing.  Other than hockey, it is probably the only winter sport I can sit and watch.

Like the summer stuff better.  Is it bad if I admit that I still have the men's and women's triathlon from the last Olympics saved in my DVR? 

"You know, you can't control your own destiny.  Destiny is a predetermined set of events.  Therefore, if it's predetermined, you can't control it."

~Chip Kelly

Follow me on TwitterUntappd, & Athlinks

#30 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

There is always more Xbox discussion.

#31 Bengrimm

Bengrimm

• HOGS
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

Yes!  Curling is mesmerizing.  Other than hockey, it is probably the only winter sport I can sit and watch.

Like the summer stuff better.  Is it bad if I admit that I still have the men's and women's triathlon from the last Olympics saved in my DVR? 

I watched some of the curling matches yesterday.  I found it was interesting for a round or 2, I don't think it would hold my interest for an entire match.  Looks like it would be really fun to play though - a life-size size version of shuffleboard!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users