I love coming here, but...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Snake

Snake

• HOGS
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

When I sat at home and watched my kids foraging for food, yet knew that in 1961 Billy Cannon put up 1500 yds and 15 tds,

I knew I was beyond hope

I made trades for higher draft picks in an ALL TIME DRAFT!  Talk about having issues.........had to jump up and draft Franco Harris before anyone else got him.

#22 jTexans

jTexans

• HOGS
  • 428 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

Remember that 32-team league that we ran on OMR's site? And your schedule was based on your quarterback?
  • Ray likes this

#23 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:10 AM

Remember that 32-team league that we ran on OMR's site? And your schedule was based on your quarterback?

Who was it that made OMR snap and lose his mind? Ferris?

#24 jTexans

jTexans

• HOGS
  • 428 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

Ray. Damn that Ooompa Looompa

#25 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

http://ts1.mm.bing.n...id=1.9&rs=0&p=0

#26 jTexans

jTexans

• HOGS
  • 428 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

Remember that time yall pissed wiley off so badly that he quit fantasy football?

Those were the times....

#27 The Hog

The Hog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

Remember that time yall pissed wiley off so badly that he quit fantasy football?

Those were the times....

Didn't that happen again just last year?

#28 Snake

Snake

• HOGS
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

Didn't that happen again just last year?

Has already happened again this year.................

#29 kiddlattimer

kiddlattimer

Starting Defense!

• HOGS / Admin
  • 424 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:11 PM

Offseason banter and interaction was probably at an alltime low here. There were no viruses to blame this time as far as I'm aware of.

Even the new main homepage of the Trough had nothing new beyond a Week 4 posting except a "It Was A Great 2014" mini recap.

Is it time to finally let the Trough go?

No offense taken, but my first question would be... Have you told anyone about the site?  

I ask that not just to Jigsaw but to all of us. This site was never some big corporate backed entity with a huge ad budget like Rotoworld... it was just a group of guys (and a few girls) who liked talkin ball and it grew based on word of mouth. Like someone said earlier, we all got older and people started leaving. I'm as guilty of that as anyone. If there is ever going to be a trough resurrection it's going to have to be from our MIA members and friends.

I gave the main site a whirl but there were less than 8 page views per week and the posts took a sh*t load of time. I couldn't justify devoting that much of my week for a handful of readers... I'd be better off emailing them and asking if they had any questions.  I'm sure Snake/Munk would back me up on the time wasted spent on writing these posts.

The Viruses were cleaned up but I believe they did a lot of damage in the eyes of Google because I couldn't rank anything at all (on things much simpler than I rank on smaller sites), so there was no search traffic to speak of... I have to assume big G doesn't fully trust it. 

It probably is time to let it go but I'm happy to keep it up even if there's only a handful of questions each week, if nothing else just to shoot the breeze now and again. I do search marketing for a living and I have lots of server space already and aside from ~$50 a year worth of expenses it doesn't cost much to keep up.  

We've had a lot of people say "I didn't even know you guys were back" so the best thing we can all do is tell the old members we still talk to and/or a few friends about it and see what happens.  

#30 kiddlattimer

kiddlattimer

Starting Defense!

• HOGS / Admin
  • 424 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

Moved this to the main forum... it's a good discussion and most people don't view the comments section.

#31 Hurrifan

Hurrifan

• HOGS
  • 179 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:29 PM

Lots of memories here. I'd hate to see it go. But I admit I'm as guilty as most. I use FB the most to keep up with you guys. I came here during the draft expecting talk and there wasn't any. I could have just as easily started a thread and didn't. Hell, I was home recovering from ankle surgery so I wasn't going anywhere during the draft.
I'll do what I can to keep things going.
  • kiddlattimer likes this

#32 The Hog

The Hog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:29 AM

Those of us over here at Pigskin would love to find a way to keep these two sites healthy, happy, growing and tied together.  The last couple of years of been a little bit of a rocky transition, but the opportunity to succeed is still there.      With some cooperation between the two, we believe that the two sites work well together and that there should be a mutual interest in maintaining those ties.

We will continue to work with Kiddlattimer in the background to try and find some answers and solutions and are learning that we have some complimentary skills that could help each other out.  Look for updates soon.   

#33 Chippy

Chippy

• HOGS
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Alabama

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

Those of us over here at Pigskin would love to find a way to keep these two sites healthy, happy, growing and tied together.  The last couple of years of been a little bit of a rocky transition, but the opportunity to succeed is still there.      With some cooperation between the two, we believe that the two sites work well together and that there should be a mutual interest in maintaining those ties.

We will continue to work with Kiddlattimer in the background to try and find some answers and solutions and are learning that we have some complimentary skills that could help each other out.  Look for updates soon.   

Well damn.....I thought we had a pretty good transition :(

#34 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

Maybe it picks up when actual football starts back.  

#35 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

Well damn.....I thought we had a pretty good transition :(

Yeah, well, Wyle thought that Mike Evans deal was a good one too.  

#36 The Hog

The Hog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:15 PM

Well damn.....I thought we had a pretty good transition 

Chippy,  Got nothing bad to say about you and Snake....... Great job over the years.      Same goes for kiddlatimer.   His contact with us have been very positive and we really appreciate his ideas.     

#37 Ray

Ray

• HOGS
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:10 PM

BWHAAHAHAHHAHAHAA

All that tough guy talk and then "i can't come here anymore guys.....my wife said so."     He had a hulkgina.

:rofl:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Verbal Kint

#38 Ray

Ray

• HOGS
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:15 PM

yeah...guilty as charged. Im such a dick for providing feedback when he asked. 1 negative to go along with multiple positive posts for his service.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Verbal Kint

#39 Westy

Westy

• HOGS
  • 173 posts
  • LocationYour mom's fantasies

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

I'm guilty of posting my comments on social media instead of here. I guess if I'm going to talk to nobody, I might as well do it on twitter.

"You know, you can't control your own destiny.  Destiny is a predetermined set of events.  Therefore, if it's predetermined, you can't control it."

~Chip Kelly

Follow me on TwitterUntappd, & Athlinks

#40 Dayhaver

Dayhaver

• HOGS
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, Missouri

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Guilty....This place is still the best ever even though the activity and traffic is low. The reason it is so good is because of the people! I feel lucky to still be a part and I'm going to spread the word + work to maintain life around here!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users