57 replies to this topic

#21 kiddlattimer

kiddlattimer

Starting Defense!

• HOGS / Admin
  • 424 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

The Jets need Watkins.  I doubt they make a play to go get him though...

With all the QBs going in the first round (probably) they might have a chance to grab him, or at least Evans/Lee.  There should be a lot of talent falling to the teen rounds if Hou, Jax, Cle, Oak and Min take a QB

#22 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

QB drops after the top three IMO.  The Vikes are taking a shot in the dark with Carr.  Bridgewater and Bortles seem NFL ready.  Johnny seems to have that "it" factor, but has a lot of question marks.  Hopefully, he follows Wilson's success.   

#23 kiddlattimer

kiddlattimer

Starting Defense!

• HOGS / Admin
  • 424 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

Yea sounds like Hundley is staying put.  Mariota requested an evaluation but probably just curiosity more than second guessing.  

#24 Wreckingcrew

Wreckingcrew

WWWSlut

• HOGS
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

Bortles needs another tear in the NCAA.  I'm just not sold he is NFL ready yet.  Watkins/Evans/Lee will battle it out to see who will be the first WR taken.  Should be an interesting Draft.

#25 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

With all the QBs going in the first round (probably) they might have a chance to grab him, or at least Evans/Lee.  There should be a lot of talent falling to the teen rounds if Hou, Jax, Cle, Oak and Min take a QB

Hoping.

With Rex back, they might take "Best Available" which will be a defensive player...or trade up to get Clowney.

#26 kiddlattimer

kiddlattimer

Starting Defense!

• HOGS / Admin
  • 424 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Hoping.

With Rex back, they might take "Best Available" which will be a defensive player...or trade up to get Clowney.

Sounds like theyre releasing Cromartie so maybe a CB?  They really need a WR or a TE though.  They could grab Ebron or Amaro and get a Jordan Mathews or Allen Robinson in the second round.  That would be quite an haul, plus they should free up quite a bit of cap space if/when they release Santonio Holmes and Sanchez

#27 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

I think Mathews might creep up into the first round when all is said and done.  

#28 Outlaw Dogs

Outlaw Dogs

• HOGS
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

I really like Mathews. He should be first round, but getting him in the second will be a steal for someone.

#29 BGG

BGG

• HOGS
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

I have seen mocks showing Cleveland using that second first for Mathews or Beckham to line across from Gordan.

#30 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

I have seen mocks showing Cleveland using that second first for Mathews or Beckham to line across from Gordan.

I have seen a few mocks with Cleveland taking Watkins with their first pick.  A little surprising.

Kiper has Manziel going #1 is his first mock draft.  That did not make sense.  Then, I saw two mock drafts that showed someone trading up to get him (Minnesota).  I guess I could see that, if someone really wanted him that badly.

I find it interesting that the top two teams in the draft, Houston and St. Louis, are willing to trade back.  Lots of options at that point.

#31 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

Bridgewater is not a #1 overall pick. If I had the #1 pick I would take Clowney. If I was going to pass on Clowney, I would trade down a couple of picks.

#32 Wile E. Coyote

Wile E. Coyote

• HOGS
  • 620 posts
  • LocationThe Hill Country

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Bridgewater is not a #1 overall pick. If I had the #1 pick I would take Clowney. If I was going to pass on Clowney, I would trade down a couple of picks.

If you could find a suitor of course.

#33 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

You don't think teams are looking up to trade into a top 5 pick? Cleveland, Jax, Minn, Oakland, Houston, all need qbs....The tier seems to be the top 3.

If a team like Minn wants one of the top three they will have to go get him. Unless they want to sit and wait for Derek Carr.

#34 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

I would be curious how far Houston would be willing to trade down. If they don't want Teddy, trade down a couple. But Case and Schaub arent the answer so the Texans also need a QB. Is it wise to trade out of the drivers seat for a QB when you need one?

#35 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

I would be curious how far Houston would be willing to trade down. If they don't want Teddy, trade down a couple. But Case and Schaub arent the answer so the Texans also need a QB. Is it wise to trade out of the drivers seat for a QB when you need one?

I read an article that Houston's decision may depend on whether they can get Mallett from the Patriots.  O'Brien coached him in NE.

#36 Outlaw Dogs

Outlaw Dogs

• HOGS
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

I have a feeling, that someone will pay out the nose to move up and that Houston will drop down. I have a feeling that the QBs at the top are a Love/Hate thing and that someone will love Teddy or Johnny enough to make Houston a very happy franchise.

#37 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

I have a feeling, that someone will pay out the nose to move up and that Houston will drop down. I have a feeling that the QBs at the top are a Love/Hate thing and that someone will love Teddy or Johnny enough to make Houston a very happy franchise.

I agree.  But, it might be the Rams pick at #2 that someone jumps to.  I can see teams that want to move to the top of the draft try Houston and St. Louis to see who gives the best deal.

#38 Razor

Razor

• HOGS
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Sam Bradford-->6 years, $78 million

Cam Newton-->4 years, $22 million

#39 Thumper

Thumper

• HOGS
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

I would love to see Houston draft a Jadaveon Clowney just so he would be opposite of J.J. Watts. How about that for a pass rushing combo? As for Qb's, I think Manziel is the best QB in the draft this year. He makes good reads and throws well when forced out of the pocket.

#40 Blatzman

Blatzman

• HOGS
  • 470 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

Sam Bradford-->6 years, $78 million

Cam Newton-->4 years, $22 million

What is this in reference to?  The Rams overpaying for Bradford?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users